So I was let go....

So today I was let go from my job as a Physical Therapy Tech. While I understood that it was a PRN job (as needed) I thought I would have tried to make it as amazing as possible.

When I first started the job I was so ecstatic and always happy to do whatever. But as the the weeks went by, the hours got shorter and the days came up less often. My job required me to work in two places: medical mall in the office and the hospital with the patients and rehab. I already had it in my head that I knew I wasn’t going to like paperwork because it is boring and I just know that it wouldn’t be a good time. Lo and behold the most time I spent at the job was at the office with the boring paperwork haha. I thought that if I excelled at the more fun part of working with people I would be fine but that did not work because the rehab days were much fewer. Sitting in that office gave me so much anxiety and it felt like every other thing I did there was a mistake. Luckily there was a library across the street and I could go there to relax and have a bit of quiet time. When they sat me down and told me today that they were letting me go I couldn’t even be mad. I knew I wasn’t “getting it” fast enough but I still wanted to keep going because I just might find a breakthrough.

Now I’m sitting here in the library wondering what to do next and job searching all over again. It has been a miserable day but I do feel slightly better writing this down. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day, night or whenever you are reading this is you’ve gotten this far haha.

P.S. If you have any job search tips or interview tips I wouldn’t mind receiving them. Clearly I’m going to need it now haha…

Good luck finding a new job, one thing we are good at is researching when we need too so before an interview learn all you can about the company and the job you’re going for so you don’t have to think on the spot. Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. I do love using this app to learn and understand more about myself. I promise to keep this forum updated when I get back on my feet…