Suspected ADHD and Intro to me. . .

Hi Brains,

I started watching How to ADHD, after my daughter started exhibiting symptoms of adhd after starting school this year, however, as a young child she also had the signs and symptoms but I didn’t know until I really thought about it.
After doing a lot of research, so that I can cope with her, I started to realise that most of the symptoms and signs relate to me.
I am currently a Uni Student and a Mother of 3, I don’t feel like an adult in control at all, in any area. I can’t keep on top of my life, I am consistently running late including just to get my kids out the door for school.
I keep beating myself up over it, my husband and I separated last year, but are still on good talking terms for the kids, however he thinks when I say to him that I am pretty sure I have ADHD he just thinks I am trying to find an excuse for my behaviour, over the course of our relationship and now.

I just am trying to feel “normal” whatever that is, I want to find out, I need to find out.

I have always been deemed from childhood, as messy, forgetful, flaky, excitable, super happy, lazy plus more.

I can be look directly in someones face and not know a thing what they are saying. I have to repeatedly ask for friends and family to repeat. I always get so distracted that I am consistently interrupting people in the middle of conversations. I can have 3 conversations going at once, yet others have to ask me to clarify which conversation we are in.

I don’t know where to start, my doctor won’t listen to me and wants to put me on anti-depressants but I am fairly sure I am not depressed. I just want someone to listen to me about this.

I got my daughter in to see my other daughter’s Psychologist. My older daughter has been diagnosed with Austism Spectrum Disorder Level 2, Sensory Processing Disorder and Anxiety.
I started thinking that my youngest had ASD too, however the symptoms were not the same.

My oldest child, he also exhibits many signs and symptoms of ADHD without the hyperactivity unless given certain foods, then he goes of the charts with his hyperactivity.

I am not really sure where I was going with this intro now.

I am 32 years old, I have never held a steady job, I am really awesome at starting things but never finishing them, I finally finished a Certificate 2 in Business 5 years ago. Since then I have started but not finished, Certificate 3 in Business, Diploma in Children Services and Currently Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science with Psychology and Neuroscience as my majors, also just signed up for a course on Mental health and a short course at my community college.

I feel like my life is constantly spiraling and I don’t know how to stop it. . .

God, you sound like me!!!

If you can get in to see a psychologist, definitely do get diagnosed. Explain yourself to the psychologist that your daughters are seeing and see if (1) the psychologist with meet and assess your son, and (2) if he/she can give you a referral to someone for yourself or also assess you.

Also, read things in the toolbox and watch the videos on here, etc. Tools help you get your life in order. One step at a time.