Thread to help you achieve your goals (accountabliabuddies)

Hello fellow brains.

So, a while back Jessica posted a 90 days accountability challenge and I didn’t join because I had no idea what I wanted to do, but now I have somethings and I thought that maybe we could help each other out.

The basic gist of it is that we post our goals in a comment on this thread and after a week we come back, add to our comment with an update of what we done, and ask the others how things have gone. I don’t care how well or “poorly” things have gone, the point is for us to help develop each other and to see that no matter how little there is still progress in achieving our goals.

My personal goal is to finish the planning for the book I’m writing by the end of the year, significantly lower my sugar intake, and to document my finances in my little finance book.

I wish you all good luck and will be seeing those who participate next Sunday.

5 Likes

There is a similar thread here
The updates aren’t weekly, just whenever you get around to it but try our best :grin:
What’s your book on?

5 Likes

That’s a secret until it is done :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Understandable :no_mouth:

5 Likes

are you doing it now a days

3 Likes

Completely forgot about this thread. :sweat_smile:
I do try. I didn’t manage to finish planing the book yet, but it is moving forward slowly but surely. Have been busy with school and improving my own mental health. I will be trying to write a lot more during easter break. And for anyone curious, the story is a high fantasy set in my own made-up world with new creatures I’ve created all by myself. As you can imagine, planing new cultures, languages, and the basic story is quite a time-consuming thing, but I have found some strategies to help it go quicker. The basic premise is that a king has two twin sons and one of the boys goes missing and the race is on to find him. All while his kingdom is being threatened by foreign forces so he has to create an alliance with some other nations to keep his people safe. And as someone that loves me some representation, the protagonist and one of his sons have ADHD. I will also tackle depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and a lot more. It’s kind of become this therapeutic thing for me. Thanks for asking.
I think that I will try and update this thread once a week as I originally planned. Mostly for myself as it does give a feeling of accountability.
Oh, and for anyone wondering - school is going great. I am keeping up and my grades have gotten a lot better since my last attempt at school. :smiley:

3 Likes

nice so if it possible then you update it on sunday and i have also goal to comple my classes every day and backlog and do my daily work complete before bed. so i update it on sunday that how it is work. :innocent: :innocent:

2 Likes

Then I hope to see you here again on sunday!

3 Likes

sure :innocent:

3 Likes

Update 1 (28/03-2021):
So, this week has not been the most productive. I have fallen behind a bit on school and I haven’t done much writing/planning on my story. Just been feeling a bit down. I have however been out walking more with my dog (more kilometers and time). The weather has been nice, so we have been out playing a lot as well. I want to do better next week, so I will be trying to schedule some time for my studies and writing into my actual schedule. Might make me feel a lot more obligated and motivated to work on it if I have some set time that I have to do this certain thing.

3 Likes

Update 2 (04/04-2021):
I’ve made some improvements this week, have been a bit more productive. Managed to finish my maths and Swedish homework, but still have some things left to do in English and Science. I have spent a bit of time working on my story, I’m hoping to really dig in to it during the break. The schedule thing has been a bit helpful - when I actually follow it. Mostly it has been me doing something I like, the alarm for the schedule going off, me being all like “five more minutes”, and then you know how the rest goes. I have however continued to go out and play with my doggo when the weather allowed. I also take him on a long walk at least once a day, so there is that. Really hoping to do better next week.

2 Likes

Update 3 (12/04-2021):
Forgot to do my update yesterday, but last week I found myself very forgetful. We had our Easter Holidays here so I had a whole week to be free and do whatever. I worked some on my story, but not to the extent that I wanted to. It frustrates me that I am unable to do it - when I was younger I could sit down and work on my stories for hours, now I just can’t. It’s not that I don’t enjoy it, I’m just tired all the time and other times my body just won’t sit still and I feel like I need to go out and run a marathon. I was however able to completely catch up in school and got really positive feedback for all my hand-ins so I am pretty pumped about that. I do like doing this small update, gives me peace of mind and humbles me a bit. Makes me realize that Rome wasn’t built in a day and that these struggles I am having will make me feel all the more accomplished once I have made even more progress with my goals. Thank you if you have been reading my ramblings. Hope you have a nice week that leaves you with a smile on you face by the weekend.

2 Likes

Update 4 (18/04 - 2021):
Been having a rough time dealing with my depression this week, so I haven’t gotten much done. Getting a refill on my anti-depressant tomorrow (which I have been without for around two months), I hope next week will be more productive. Have been watching a bunch of series this week, which is weird when it comes to me as I rarely have the patience to sit down and watch one episode of a show. So, yeah… Not much else to say. Hope you have a nice week!

2 Likes

hiii @Butterkitten first of all sorry :disappointed_relieved:for reply after long time. i hope you are not depressed now :blush:. so in my routine i have a lot of changes my mind wonder about past but now a days i dont regret too much not forgotten every thing but yaa its better :sweat_smile:. i know from doctor last week that i have some symboms of adhd and other things also. but i am happy that atleast i knew about my self :sunglasses:.my anxiety issue is for study and i keep moving in study it gradually so i control my anxiety :upside_down_face:. thanks for your post. keep in toch :handshake:. because i wanted to know about your progress :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: byeee

2 Likes

This Is always my starting point when I feel like this. If my mental health can’t keep up with my life take it back until you are able to keep up and go from there.

Also to go one about my point above last Thursday or maybe it was Wednesday I felt I could not even get out of my bed to get ready to even think about school. I realized personally having something like a tiny piece of chocolate or even some water by my bed gives me a reason to actually wake up. (I love water way too much.) Having me struggling like this (not usually this bad) I fell so far behind in my school work. It does not help our page we go to in order to see our work I am unable to see it right now so I can’t even catch up with the 4 weeks we have left of school. I am at a loss where I am if I can I will pick this up later.

1 Like

Update 5 (25/04 - 2021):
This has been a good week. Not a productive one, but a good one. I have finally started therapy and my therapist has put in a request with one of her colleagues who work with helping people be more productive. I’m really looking forward to that! I have done some planning on my book and read a bit too. I have also had long walks with my dog which are the best. Hope the following week is good for all of us! Hugs and well wishes! I know that we can all make it!