Weekend Flop

Hi :brain: Brains.

I have a management role, can have workaholic tendencies but generally have the work week down pat.

But I struggle with only having “NOW” and “Not Now” time. Which at work I get help from others with and at home I don’t.

Result is - weekends I tend to:

• Fail to plan ahead for social time
  • Not get much done
  • walk in circles
  • Feel sorry for myself /negative re self talk having no friends.
  • end up researching shit or you tubing for hours
  • don’t make the most of my R&R time

I would love to hear how others manage this. Strategies you’ve used that might have helped or any other tips.

Much appreciated.

Weekends are hard.

Re: Social time, do you use a calendar at all? Google calendar? A pocket calendar? A bujo?
You could try to set some social time for the weekend by reaching out ahead of time by setting reminders to reach out to people you desire social time with.

Also schedule your R&R time. It’s easier to remember to do it when you actually set a time for it and have a notification that reminds you HEY TAKE THAT NICE WARM BATH YOU WANT or HEY TIME TO GET READY FOR THE SPA followed by HEY TIME TO LEAVE FOR THE SPA. :slight_smile:

I would recommend the time management videos, as well! I’ll link them below so you don’t have to go searching for them. :grin:

if you struggle to prioritize what to do on the weekend.

Thank you so, so much! I will watch these on rotation until it all sinks in a little more and I start to move some improvement.

I’d love to know how others do with this and how you schedule your weekends.

Time blocking.

So much time blocking.

My Saturday mornings, barring any important appointment or event, consist of waking up, gathering laundry, dragging said laundry to the car, dropping off said laundry, getting lunch, filling up the gas tank in my car, getting groceries, coming home, putting away said groceries, cleaning up the kitchen, living area and dining area… then doing whatever else I need to do oooor doing fun things. Sunday i pick up laundry and that’s it. I try very hard to keep to this schedule. I sometimes work my errands around other things if necessary, but I try REALLY hard to keep it a static routine. I also use the crap out of google calendar so I can keep track of things I want to do… including movies, massages, etc. :sweat_smile:

What do you do for fun? Are you good at scheduling that and social time?

Hey Lane, I get the same sorta thing as what your talking about and sometimes almost get a bit nervous about weekends even though its supposed to be relaxing free time, i start to feel like i am at a bit of loose end, i used to make lists of jobs/activities to fill in the days which worked sometimes but not always, before getting diagnosed i used to just smoked pot which worked great (in the sense i didn’t care about doing nothing) but i don’t anymore, since then i have come up with two solutions, first i got another dog which i go on about maybe to much but he is like a best mate but low stress and is always happy and does not let me get bored, second i convinced my brain that it is okay to get nothing achieved for a few hours in the weekend and down time is healthy, but i do that after say taking the dog for a big walk or going for a mountain bike so i feel like i deserve to chill and then don’t feel so bouncy and go go go, hope this helps :slight_smile:

That’s great. This is pretty much what I do (and used to do… Bongs made everything better). I keep thinking I should do the list method. Not very good at planning social time. Forget totally and utterly to do it. No point now anyway, it’s Christmas and everyone has plans!

My dog is a good mate and walking does help! Thank you SO much. It makes me feel warm inside to feel SO understood.

Glad i could help, its so nice to be able to relate aye, and same for me around christmas everyone has plans so i just end up chilling on my own, but this will be my first year with new puppy/dog (is 6 months still a puppy?) but should be all good, i must admit it would be nice if i lived i a city again though and maybe organise a adhd get together for christmas since that’s what i would call my dream christmas day hanging out with people that i get and get me.

Although meds are great and all, hanging out with “normal” people is good it is still 10 times better whenever i hangout with someone else with adhd i just feel so much better letting my true personailty out :slight_smile: like on here is awesome but in person just so much better.

What sorta dog you got?