Weird! Introductions are awkward online, too!

Hey, my name is Adam. Just want to thank everyone for this awesome source of info you have created A little about myself and the long journey to my diagnosis: I’m 32 y/o. I was first suspected of having ADHD when I was in 5th grade. I lived in a small town on the coast of Maine and there weren’t a lot of “true believers” who lived there - least of all my teacher or doctor. Believe it or not, they determined that I didn’t have ADHD, I just didn’t pay attention. Seriously. Fast forward twenty some odd years and I am sitting in a class called Educating Exceptional Students and my professor is talking about her son’s experience with ADHD and I couldn’t help but notice all of the similarities. Within a matter of weeks, I had an appointment with an LCPC and shortly thereafter I finally had my diagnosis. This was about 9 months ago. It’s been quite a rollercoaster since then. Anyway, I look forward to becoming a full fledged member of this tribe! and interacting with y’all Happy holidays!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ HELLO, FELLOW BRAIN ADAM! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Welcome to the tribe. c:

I’m glad you’ve managed to receive a diagnosis. It really must feel comforting and even phenomenal that you now know more about yourself. As always, remember that ADHD is just a lense through which you can look at life and a different way of thinking, not necessarily a downside.

And of course, welcome to the forums! :smiley:

~ David

Thank you for the kind words, David! It does feel very comforting to finally have an answer. I must say I am very impressed with your cartooning skills :smile:

• Adam

Ah, yes. My…“cartooning”…skills. ಠ_ಠ

https://i.imgur.com/aAErlKP.png

Welcome!