Weird sleeping pattern

So ive never spoken about this,
Basically when i go to sleep it takes about an hour and if i dont do this it will take me longer to sleep.
I have to basically imagine a very dramatic situation like a drama series, my own eastenders or something lol, like people in my family getting killed and the police ,running away and stuff like that, i dont know but it just helps me to fall asleepp, calms my brain from having soo many thoughtd because im so focused on making a reallly sad drama and i havee to close my eyes and there has no be no noise at all or ill get angry lol. Does any1 know anything about this, should i get it checked out?

3 Likes

It depends on my mood, but I also often write horrible drama series in my head before going to sleep. I wouldn’t say it is extremely alarming, but I would suggest speaking to a therapist because it sounds like it is somewhat bothering you and therefore it is worth it to speak with a professional.

1 Like

wow thx atleast im not really alone lol x

2 Likes

I don’t gravitate towards dramatic or negative narratives, but I do sometimes develop scenarios that play or out get scripted in order to help keep my focus and organize my thoughts. Last night I had to listen to music in my ear buds to drown out my thoughts because they wouldn’t slow down enough for me to sleep.

3 Likes

…I thought I was the only one!!! I generally do less drama and more tiring situations, but I definitely do this. I feel like trying to visualize and imagine every single detail helps me sleep :sweat_smile:

1 Like

omg no way do u think its becuas of adhd?

1 Like

Maybe? It’s probably one of those things that’s related but not necessarily exclusive

2 Likes