Do you also have these tiny little things that make you waaaay more annoyed or impatient than they should?
Here’s an unsorted and likely very incomplete list of little things that drive me nuts:
- Open office noise - unrelated conversations around my desk, people moving around all the time and crowded, noisy places in general.
- Being stuck behind someone at the ATM/copy machine/etc. who obviously doesn’t know what they are doing.
- Sniffling (the sound makes me feel physically nauseous)
- Immigration lines at airports, especially if they come with unfriendly security officers
- Socks with thick seams and other uncomfortable clothes - Why does anyone make those???
- Elevators that stop at (almost) every single floor in a skyscraper and people who use them to go up/down a single floor. Even “better” if the elevators are crowded or some folks are having loud conversations.
- “Because this is what the rules say…” as an explanation why something should be done a certain way.
- People who feel the need to yell (the Japanese version of) “WOOOOOOAH THIS IS SO AWESOME”, “REALLLY???” “SUPER” “UNBELIEVABLE”, “CUUUUUUTE” in an ear-splitting pitch and volume after every other sentence.
- Bureaucracy, being sent from A to B to C … to get document a that helps with getting document b which can then be submitted to maybe get document c unless person B decides they want document d instead…
- Being stuck behind people who wear high heels but aren’t actually able to walk in them (reasonably fast).
What are yours?