What do you have inside your bag?

Gym bags, handbags, work bags… What are some of the less common things you pack to help you stay organised/on track when you’re on the go? Do you have lists? Digital? Stuck on your wall?

Love, a brain who has been frantically trying to pack her overnight bag in 10 minutes before going to stay with her Heart and wishes this process was a bit easier.

P.S I should probably be packing instead of on here but I was curious!

1 Like

Book and tech in bag and a bag of fidgets in my pocket. I also have some money and what I need including phone

2 Likes

In my overnight bag I try to bring as little as possible so: contacts and toothbrush, pajamas, change of clothes, journal, device and charger.
As for unusual stuff, I have a mini-backpack with art supplies, a sketchbook, 3 separate types of journals ( give or take ) and all of my fidgets.
I have a physical list that I use as a guide line but I also have a note on my phone with all the stuff I bring every time ( I write it after I’ve packed ) so that on the way back I don’t forget anything
In my day-to day bag I have: Fidgets, small pack of tissues, some bandaids, pencil/pen, pad of sticky notes, a bible journal, wallet, and sunglasses.
Sorry if this was a really long response but I sorta got on a roll! :yum:

2 Likes

My work bag includes scissors, sellotape, an umbrella, a little bag of chargers which I used to use regularly but don’t any more, a raincoat, a rain/sun visor because the hood on the raincoat is rubbish and I can’t cycle very easily and hold it over my head at the same time, headache tablets, tissues, teabags, a spork, my lunchtime pills, my wallet, gloves for when it’s cold and rainy although it’s supposed to be 30 degrees Celsius tomorrow but I last wore them about two weeks ago, a plastic bag for if the umbrella gets wet,… This is about a quarter of what I cart around every day so I don’t have the problem that I forgot to take something with me that I need🤦‍♀️

I bet you wish you’d never asked now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Receipts. So many receipts. SO MANY RECEIPTS.
A pocket knife because you never know when you might need it.
Liquid lipstick for touch ups, obvs.

I used to carry around some back up medication - I need to do that again.
My wallet.
Pens that I usually end up accidentally stealing.
Hair ties EXCEPT for when I need them.
I surprisingly don’t carry around a lot.
I should carry a bit more. :grimacing: Of stuff I need. XD

2 Likes

What kind of fidgets?? I like to use a stress ball rubbed in essential oils, sometimes it doesn’t quite make it into my bag though…

1 Like

I’m a fan of light packing so this sparks joy… I think putting it on your wall is a great idea too (I have lists on my computer but sometimes they don’t end up being used) Also AMEN to the tissues - never know when you’ll need 'em. The bandaids I hadn’t thought of but man that is a gooood idea

1 Like

I giggled at the bit when you said hair ties, can totally relate. There is one either on my wrist or in my hair and if it’s not in either of those places my hair ain’t going up! I love the pocket knife idea. I’ve actually lost mine (temporarily) but as soon as I find it, it’s going in!

Also every night out I say I’m going to take my lipstick… I don’t think I ever actually have remembered to do that… One day maybe

1 Like

To many fidgets to remember

2 Likes

My work backpack has fidgets, Bluetooth ear piece, notepad, pens, and a change of clothes. It’s not a lot but just enough.

2 Likes

I have a tangle; something that’s like a tangle but the links are square, a black infinity square, a squishy, a littles pillow with the reversible sequins, and a fluffy little puffball :grin:
Yeah I have one scrunchie with me on all times and that’s it ( I cant really use normal hair ties )

In my purse I carry my wallet, water bottle, travel mug full of coffee (once it’s empty), a book, pain meds and allergy meds, a portable charger cause my phone never lasts the whole day, a pocket packet of tissues and a little packet of hair ties and bobby pins.

For over night stays it’s usually just the essentials. Tooth brush and paste, deodorant, change of clothing, pajamas and phone charger. I’ll also take my tablet with me to watch movies during the trip.

If it’s anything longer I’ll usually find one of those packing lists online, print it out and follow it as I’m packing.

Portable charger, I like this! Very underrated but almost always useful. Also the coffee is a nice touch

1 Like

I understood when you said scrunchie… What are the rest of those things?? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m impressed at the change of clothes, does it all fit easily? Do you remember to take them every time?

1 Like

Yea I have a routine that I go thru every work day so as to not forget anything. I have a change of clothes cause I don’t like wearing my dirty work clothes home with me.

1 Like

That is some next level stuff. Go you!

1 Like

The rest of those things are my fidgets I love them so much :slight_smile: I’ll link a picture later!
EDIT: these are my fidgets :yum: image|375x500
EDIT 2: uhhh @scot I don’t think I did that right… did I do something wrong?

3 Likes

I have like a manly grey canvas satchel style bag like a postman would carry. Not to big I call it my Murse (man purse). It took me ages to find the right one because I wanted it to zip up so when I drop it it doesn’t unpack itself all ove the car floor or wherever it has a flap thing that goes over the top handy when you have it jammed to full to zip up.

It has pretty much my life in it. In the front pocket my meds and a few other medications like headache tablets antihistamines lip balm that is a sunscreen, and a USB flash drive for those times someone has something you want.

In the main pocket is my iPad, a knife , sunglasses, torch, pen, a battery for charging phone and tablet , Bose noise canceling headphones for working in a open plan office or data centers , a proximity voltage detector( work thing I ALWAYS have my bag and this little bit of kit tells me if what I might touch might kill me) my wallet a second card wallet that has about 10 different work ID’s and access cards, a couple of fidgets. The bottom is usually filled with coins because my wallet has no coin compartment. Car and work keys And a couple of fidgets.

The back compartment has the prescription for my meds plus a couple of copies of a letter from my doctor saying I take a stimulant med. super handy when I get drug tested at work. That way they can send it in with the test results saves HOURS of waiting around to be cleared to return to work. Also they do road side drug testing here so I’d think it would be handy for that. And a couple of other handy / essential documents. And a small note pad. In the small end pockets I have at one end my house keys and a few bucks in cash. In the other I have a charging cable for my phone and a wall charger. I spend a lot of time on the phone.

Clipped to one end I have a small clip that I put my wedding ring on when I am working a bottle opener and any room keys and such on when I am travelling for work.(about half the year)

O and it can fit my work laptop in it when I really need to it’s only small and thin some sort of HP elite book. Or a bottle of water or whatever else I pick up along the way.

To any men out there I can’t say enough how much this bag has made my life easier because I have trained myself to put whatever I take out straight back in after I have used it. And my ever suffering wife will put any of my stuff I leave around the house either in or with it. Women have kept this handbag thing a secret forever. And because I always have it with me it’s easy just to put whatever is on your desk or console of your car after a trip at the end of the day in it and sort it out later.

I did have a back pack for a couple of years but they are always too big or too small.

M

3 Likes

I have lists for different types of outings that require packing. They’re in my BuJo. They encompass everything from a week long trip, to a day trip to the zoo, to the grocery store.

1 Like