What Fandom(s) do YOU belong to?!

I’ve loved getting to know so many of you through intro posts and through the Differences and Similarities? thread as well! So now I must ask you lovely people… what fandom, or fandoms, do you belong to?!

As for myself… well I’ll answer in gifs because I can… :smiley:

I technically am a fan of Star Trek, as well, however I haven’t managed to get through all the episodes yet (it’s quite the task). And I’m sure I’ll think of a fandom I’m missing. I KNOW I’m missing something I just can’t think of it right off the top of my sleepy head. So what about you guys? :smiley:

Ooooh so many shiny things!

H2G2!
I know, I’m a nerd… :sweat:

A French comedic show about the nights of the round table. Hero Corp made by some of the same people is also fantastic.

I also like Star Trek TOS and doctor who (up to Capaldi, haven’t watched much since)

And of course : GNU Terry Pratchett

Awwwwww, we love nerds and non-nerds a-like! :smiley: I’m a nerd… a geek…? I wonder what the classification is for these terms… I never did understand the difference! But you’ll find you aren’t the only one around here :grin:

A comedy show about the Knights of the Round Table sounds amaaazing, I’ll have to try and find it!

Star wars
Game of thrones
West world
The MCU
Dr who
Arrowverse…
ugh… brain melted :frowning:

Meanings are shifting all the time. Who knows what it will mean tomorrow :roll_eyes:

Just checked, apparently there is a Canadian edition of the 2 first “books” (season, really) that have English subtitles, so I’m sure you can find it on some streaming site. Er I meant find and buy the DVDs somwhere of course.

i like this clarification: “Geeks are fans of their subjects, nerds are practitioners of them.”

Oh! I forgot about GoT! I still have to finish it but I got… 4 seasons in? 5 seasons? Before my attention shifted to something else, but I definitely want to go back to it and finish it! Same with Arrow – I have so many things I’d probably be a fan of… I just haven’t finished them yet. Like Supernatural. And Gotham. Among… others. :sweat_smile: But yay for another Who fan! And yes! I remember reading that before! I like how they break it down! I just never remember which one is which. But now I can come back here to refresh my memory :smiley:

@Noldos Ooooh! Thank you for that knowledge! :smiley:

OMG I forgot gotham. Love the penguin and Jerome is the best! I’m all caught up, but I won’t post spoilers

Oooh I used to be into so many more things than I am now.
Doctor Who
Game of Thrones
Star Wars
Final Fantasy
Legend of Zelda
:slight_smile:
I can’t remember the others but there are more. I’m more of a casual fan nowadays as far as any of this goes (haven’t played all the games, watched all the episodes).

I’m definitely more of a casual fan now too, there just isn’t enough time in the day and enough focus in my brain to mega-fan over things. :sweat_smile: My main fandom is definitely Doctor Who. I’ve seen every episode of the newer stuff, and I’m working through the older stuff as we speak (it’s a slow process). But I also have books and I’d like to listen to the audio stories as well, eventually. I also have like Doctor Who everything. Tin lunchboxes. PJ pants. Glasses. Shot glasses. Lanyards… it’s… a problem kind of. :laughing:

I’m getting into Zelda too! I love Zelda and I do eventually want to play through some of the games, maybe not all, but as many as I can where I don’t need to buy like… a separate system? I dunno I’ll figure it out!

Volleyball
Video game collecting
Blizzard Games
Zelda
Parks & Rec
Futurama
Booze collecting

Tenant is the true doctor

The Lord of SCOTch fans? :smiley:

@SuppaDev Tennant is my favorite Doctor, though Eccleston is a very close second for me. Haha. :slight_smile:

ooh how could I forget Futurama!! :heart:

I need to catch up on Zelda. I didn’t really play video games during college or after for a while since I couldn’t afford it. I have some of the games I just need to get to playing them!!
Maybe starting with what is on the DS would work for you? Both N64 games were redone for it, A Link Between Worlds is great, and I think you can get the original game on the eshop (not sure though). The rest I think you can get by with a Wii U until they release the next game

Link Between Worlds is the first one I played! I fell in love with it. I can buy some of the old games on the DS, I just need to actually settle down and play it. SO MUCH TO DO. SO LITTLE TIME. D: OH and we have the Switch game. We have a switch but no Wii U. It’s okay though! I’ll get there eventually :smiley: <3

giphy
Doctor who is the big one for me
Supergirl
The Orville
Futurama

There are more Who fans here than I thought! :smiley:

How is Orville?! It’s definitely on my list of “to watch”! But I don’t have any friends that really watched it so I never got opinions on it. @_@

There are a couple rough episodes along the way but for the most part it’s really, really, funny. That is if you’re a fan of blue-ish humor

I love Doctor Who too! Although I haven’t actually seen the last season yet. I follow two webcomics mainly, xkcd and questionable content. For books I live Harry Potter, and I’m getting into the Cosmere part of Brandon Sanderson’s books, and as always GNU Terry Pratchett. I’m sure I’ll com up with a bunch more as soon as I post this!