What Fandom(s) do YOU belong to?!

Love xkcd! I have to get back into following it regularly :slight_smile:
Speaking of books, I really enjoy most of Philip K. Dick’s books that I’ve read. I was also following the dark elf (Drizzt) books in the Forgotten Realms line of novels.

Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Harry Potter are probably my top ones! So many to list off, like the Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Smallville, Game of Thrones, Orphan Black… I could go on forever…

Doctor Who is my oldest fandom thing! I also like Steven Universe. I can be obsessed with some musicians and bands but they don’t last as long. I like Rick and Morty but I wouldn’t call it my fandom

I like Steven universe too (I use to be absolutely obsessed (like I could quote any episode give their synopsises and I knew practically anything and everything about the show) but even then I’m not sure I would consider myself as part of any Fandom .

Doctor Who has taken turns between being a fan thing and a guiolty pleasure so much, I don’t even know if I’d call myself a fan now. But I’m definitely looking forward to the new Doctor!

Apart from that… so much! Comic books, webcomics, rock music (quite eclectically), The CW’s DC shows (especially Supergirl), the MCU with the possible exception of some of the Netflix shows (they’re just so slow!), heist movies and con shows, Buffy, X-Files… and that’s just off the top of my head.

Ooooo, fandoms!

Hmm… what all am I a fan of…

Game of Thrones (books and show)
Dragon Age series
Mass Effect series
The Sword of Truth novels
Runelords novels
Elder Scrolls series
Fallout series
Dungeons and Dragons
MCU!!
Supernatural (only watched the first 5 seasons, but still love it)
POKEMON

…I’m sure there are more, but those are what I could think of in a reasonable time period :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in the furry fandom, Star Trek, Pokemon, um I’m not sure what else.

Oh, this is where evyrithing mashes into eachother xD
I’m currently watching 12 monkeys, legion, GoT, mr.robot, full metal alchemist, firefly, mythbusters (for the third time or so), lucifer and black mirror.
I also love the LotR universe, everything fantasy, computer gaming and partialy coding (haven’t yet decided if I wanna keep on doing it), bloodsouls series, guitar hero/ band hero, honing knives and axes, anything about working with timber (chopping, cutting, felling trees, chainsaws… I mean, it’s literally a roaring saw with danger and a handle; whats not to love xD)

I could keep on going but there is so much stuff to do and I already lost my focus a few times and need to do something :grin:

Uh… So many

Legend of Korra
Disney (shows and movies)
Kingdom Hearts
Doctor Who
Star Wars (everything, books, shows, movies)
Stargate
Star Trek
GOT
Merlin
Harry Potter
DC (all the shows)
Young Justic
Marvel (shows and movies)
Kid cartoons (Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Milo’s Law)
Anime (Fullmetal Alchemist brother, Death Note, Sword Art Online)
I’m sure there is more but I can’t remember right now.

Far too many to list. Obscure weird subcultures is like my thing :slight_smile:

Omg yes!

I totally forgot about the Harry Potter fandom - how did I forget that?!? Merlin is awesome too!
And Avatar! THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT SHOWS AND BOOKS AND MOVIES. AHHHH.

Doctor who is always a good one, I also love the final fantasy sagas for gaming,

As for general fandoms I will geek out to pretty much anything

By “Video game collecting” are you referring to steam sales/an ever increasing backlog?

as%20many%20as%20needed

Is this an answer to the question? :wink:

YESSSS. I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT COLLECTS THOSE!!!
Though mine are mostly Doctor Who… but I do collect one on occasion that is related to a character I like (ie: Vegeta, Sailor Jupiter, Frieza, Gidget, etc).

I only recently started actually displaying them :stuck_out_tongue:

I had collect a few in a drawer somewhere from the occasional gift or “HEY THAT’S A STAR WARS THING” in a game shop…

Then I realised there are so many of them :smile:

Lol I have a couple of Funko pops, but I don’t really purposely collect them! I’m a poster guy myself. Oh yeah, and autographs. Waaaaaaaay too many autographs. AND A SWORD. Can’t forget that.

Yeah, they are my weakness. They are easy to stack, adorable as heck (most times), not too heavy, and they do so many different ones for different shows/movies/otherthings that it’s just… IT’S SO GOOODDDDD. I have way too many but I’m never giving them up. I just need a better display for them. :grimacing: Right now only like 1/4 of my collection is on proper display. But alas, I’m still trying to clean my apartment so I can finish organizing it. Bahaha.

@IllogicalBeans THE BEST SWORD EVER. <3

There’s 6 new ones waiting for pick up at the post office!! Couldn’t get there today before closing… All the way from Australia :smiley: