When you move to another state can’t be treated for ADHD like you were before!?!?

information
adhdlife

Hello all it’s been a while since I’ve visited these forums! I moved out of state from Las Vegas where I was being treated and taking medication for ADHD for 3 years. Before I moved I never did take a computer based test they wanted me to take. Anyways fast forward 5 months and I’m here in Florida ready to finally see a doctor now that I finally have insurance again. I’m looking to see a doctor and get back to where I was in Las Vegas. It has been so difficult getting to see a doctor here in Florida to get back on meds that I’ve been taking the last three years. I haven’t been taking any medication for five months now and when I saw a therapist today she said she couldn’t help me out and I had to see someone else. This is like the 3rd doctor I’ve had to see!? I have to schedule a computer test now in order to get back to where I was before and this whole process has been a nightmare! Just letting out my frustrations, have any of you guys had similar issues?

Wow! That’s not so good. Why is it so hard to get treatment for ADHD in so many places? It doesn’t have to be that hard.

But best of luck. Got a punching bag nearby? Maybe take it out on a parking inspector, they are used to it. :smile: