White noise generators

What are your guys’ favorite white noise generators you use to improve your focus? I personally enjoy youtube videos of camp fires and turn the volume of my TV up so I can hear it well in my room.

2 Likes

I don’t tend to use white noise but that is just me. Also Welcome to the fourms!

1 Like

Do you prefer to use music? If so, what kind of music do you usually listen to?

2 Likes

My friend who streams has a playlist that I listen to I can link it if you would like. If I am study for a test that I can listen to music to during the test I will have a set playlist so that it is slightly easier to associate parts of a song to certain things.

2 Likes

I sleep with a white noise machine that has about a dozen different ‘fan noises’. I think I bought it at London Drugs, the brand name is 'LectroFan.
There are about 6 varying sizes of barking dogs in our neighborhood and a neighbor with small children that likes to mow grass/shovel snow at 7am. Being a natural night owl, I sleep until 9am and the white noise helps to drown out noise and cars from outside. It does not drown out the sound of a spouse that snores loudly… My hubby likes to listen to hypnotic sleep music to fall asleep and then has to search the blankets in the morning for his earbuds :rofl:
Other than that, I enjoy instrumental music since anything with words will draw my focus away from the reading that I’m trying to do.

3 Likes

It’s always hard to drown out the snoring. I enjoy instumental music for focusing as well as the fire sounds I mentioned earlier. I love listening to Two Steps From Hell to focus.

2 Likes

I’m at the beach this week for holidays and you can’t beat the sound of the surf as a soothing background sound.

3 Likes

For whatever reason, this can work amazingly, really while on medication.

It seems to help deter me from getting distracted, it’s not distracting itself as other white noises tend to be for me as well as music which I used when I was younger, it seems to help me have a more linear train of thought in some ways, as I also don’t tend to have as many short term or working memory problems while this is in the background, if I forget something real quick, I tend to recall it quicker with this on, and I don’t run as much of a risk of trailing off into a random train of thought either. I usually play it a little quietly, so it’s not distracting, sometimes, I forget it’s even on a realize it was on way later, I use it while meditating sometimes as well, it’s really effective to listen to it at a low-medium volume for me.

I do also have bilateral tinnitus which is worth noting here.

5 Likes

Envious! It’s -12, snowy and icy and we’re on semi-lockdowns for covid. Do me a favor and make a small castle will ya? :wink:

5 Likes

The sound of the surf is so relaxing, but I have trouble focusing while listening to that because all I want to do is go swimming

3 Likes

Thank you so much chickentender, I will most likely use this next time im needing to hyper focus. I too have tinnitus, and this brown noise helps rid me of it for a little bit.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Is that your view?

1 Like

Yep, it’s a good spot when it’s 90F and 80% humidity outside.

2 Likes

I wish i had that view rn it is like 30 some degrees F

1 Like

This album cost about a dollar. The white noise for babies track is the one I use to sleep. I just play it on a loop. The other tracks bother me.

2 Likes

From your home??

Where??

Do you have a guest room?? :rofl:

1 Like