Worried about the future

So I keep forgetting that this forum exists, which makes me laugh and be frustrated all at once.

I’m currently having a mild panic attack because I don’t know what to do with my life. I’ll be 38 in December. I’ve bombed college twice. I have no marketable skills. No education. I’m half ass ok at art. And I’m decent at metalsmithing. I spent ten years working in and out of various vet clinics as an assistant and receptionist before I got burned out. But I don’t feel like I have anything I’m good at that I can make a career out of. I want to be happy and content and not hate my life and job and still have time for my family.

I don’t know what I want to do or where to even begin figuring it out. My brain short circuits into panic attack mode when I start thinking about it all.

I want to feel successful. Adequate. Like I haven’t wasted my life.

Not sure what I’m looking for. Solidarity. Advice. I don’t know. I’m so mad at myself for being incapable of finishing anything I start.

We’ve all been there.

Think about what you can do for money now and what would make you happy to do for money on the long term.

For me, I have one on one therapy and art therapy and music therapy.

Long story, but it feels good to be able to sing with an acoustic guitar with others.

1 Like

What do you think about driving? Do you think your a good driver? When I started driving uber/Lyft and once I got good with directions and driving everywhere in town I really like it. It’s the closest thing to having my own business being my own boss. I’m not stuck inside a building. Everyday is different, I choose when I work. Love it but I will say in my town if I want to make money right now I need to drive nights, drunk university kids , and I got to put in more hours. I should be working 40-50. At least 40.
My next move is trying to get hired driving the amazon van delivering packages.

1 Like

I thought about this but I’m never without my five year old and you can’t drive with kids in the car :expressionless:

Okay, I didn’t realize, so the job you currently have you get to have your kid with you