Writing an appeal letter against termination from college brought back a lot of old memories :')

I was diagnosed with ADHD-PI about two months ago. I had always been a bright student at school and very few people pointed out all the oddities. College however has been a very different experience. After failing multiple courses last semester (because believe it or not, I just couldn’t get myself to even write the final exam!), I finally decided to seek professional help…

I’ve been a lot better since, hell I almost cried the first day I attended class while on meds XD
I could finally ‘hear’ what the instructors were saying. I still do feel helpless knowing that my condition stands in the way of my dream of getting a PhD in Physics/Mathematics one day (which is pretty hard as is), but I’ve learnt to live with it I guess…

Reading all the posts and discussions on this forum have helped me a lot so thanks a ton, everyone!
Here’s to second chances :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear that meds are working for you! Don’t give up on getting your PHD! It’s still achievable, you might just have to put that dream on hold until you feel better adjusted. It’s definitely still possible, it just might be a lot harder for you than some of your peers. Don’t give up! :slight_smile:

This semester I finally reached out for professional help because I kept letting myself down semester after semester. I’ve been lurking on these forums because even though a my suspicion of ADHD kept growing, I didn’t want to join until I was diagnosed, and after a 3 month identity crisis: It’s official (yay?)

I was also able to get through school without anyone noticing and I came to accept my ADHD traits as a lazy personality that was tearing up my chances in college. When I applied to college I also had dreams of getting a PhD in Physics/Chemistry (Currently studying Chemical engineering). It’s nice to hear that I’m not the only one going through this struggle (I couldn’t get myself to finish a final paper…) when all my peers seem to be able to do what they know they have to, whenever they want to.

I haven’t gotten a chance to try school with treatment yet and I’m kind of worried that I’ll let myself down again anyway but knowing that I’m not alone in trying to figure things out is a nice quarter to have. I’ll be rooting for you!

To second chances :slight_smile: